Friday, August 3, 2012

Chapulines (or just grasshoppers)

This is a story about how I ate bugs! Once upon a time, there was a girl called Helen.  She traveled to the far off land of Capitol Hill to find the Mexican bar called Poquitos because she had heard tell of a mystical food called Chapulines.  Her friends warned her that Chapulines are not at all similar to Chalupas but are in fact grasshoppers, but no matter how many disgusted faces they made, she called to the waitress, and ordered the Chapulines.  The not so stellar waitress set the tiny little grasshoppers in a tiny little skillet in front of Helen.




"Mmm!" said Helen as she smelled her miniature feast. "These almost look like they're still moving!" So she picked one up, and held it in her hand.



 "My what long legs you have!" Helen said to her new friend.  But the grasshopper did not respond.

 

"Little buddy?" Still, no response.  The grasshopper was a dead as a doornail.  "Oh well," Helen shrugged. "I'm sure he lived a fulfilling life before he was put in the tiny little skillet and seasoned with chile-lime salt." And she popped the grasshopper into her mouth.


Magically, all of the other grasshoppers arose from their chile-lime slumber, and lined up to join their friend in the nirvana that is Helen's digestive tract.



 The End! 

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha
    actually Helen When I see these pictures .. I remember when I was young boy I eat this insect after Grill on the fire in the desert ..!!
    now I remember .. I say in (inside me)
    what I thinking at the time and I have a mind or not and this insect or not ?

    enjoy yourself :)

    ReplyDelete