Thursday, March 7, 2013

Seattle Gum Wall

This wasn't the first time I've visited the Seattle Gum Wall, but this is the first time it was so well documented.  All I wanted to do was stick some ABC gum to a wall, take a picture, and move on with my life.  Unfortunately, things are never that simple.

It all started because I wanted to reproduce a picture that looked something like this.


I wanted to do it bigger and better this time (and apparently with crazier, unkempt hair and camera settings I don't understand).  So, I started chewing... and gnashing... and chomping...


When I was finally finished masticating, I stretched out the gum...


... stuck it to the wall, and Rose snapped a picture.


Then some random dude with his phone snapped a picture.


Then I heard this lady screaming to her husband to look at "this."  "This" was me, attached to a wall by some sour green apple Bubble Tape, which was basically a germ freeway from the wall to my face.


 Then that guy pointed and yelled.


And this woman asked me to hold still for a few more seconds while she took a picture.


And that, my friends, is how you end up in vacation scrapbooks of families you will never actually meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment